Saturday, February 05, 2005

Heartache

Another cold day in the Big City.
Another heartache I can't recover from.
Another cold shoulder as I stopped to ask a question.
Another person to lash out at me with scorn.

As the winter wind punches my sorrow filled face.
My tears freezes as they poured down my pale brown cheeks.
Another heartache I can't recover from.

I heard you call out to me but it was just my imagination.
I thought I felt your touch as I crossed the street,
But It was only the sleeve of my overcoat.
Another heartache I can't recover from.

It was a cold day in the Big City.
Lovers crammed close together,
Holding each other as if afraid of letting go.
As their Lips pressed tightly together I sighed.
Another heartache yet to get over.

As I go to sleep alone Tonight,
I'll pull the sheets close to my face,
I'll clutch my pillow and cry.
This is one heartache I can't seem to get over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home